Sunday, October 15, 2006

Kinlochleven- Day 2




This morning we drove north to Fort William where we started our second hike up to a munro that supposedly had great views of Ben Nevis, which is the highest point in the UK at 1340 meters. Once again, we started the hike at sea level, so I spent the entire morning and the early part of the afternoon walking slowly but surely uphill. Unfortunately, the batteries in the camera died at the summit of my 4th munro, but I got some good photos of the surrounding area from the shoulder just below along with the video, so the beautiful day in the highlands did not go completely undocumented. The weather was PERFECT today. Barely any clouds in the sky and very warm in the sun while nice and cool in the shade. The view from the top of the munro was amazing, and Ben Nevis was looming large across the massive valley we had hiked up. It was another great hike, and another very tiring hike, but it was a great way to finish my first weekend away from St. Andrews and let me get away from the stresses of school work. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...
Can I come on the next hike? That looks awesome.
So sorry about the As.

Love, Aunt Chris

Uncle Jeff said...

Nice pics Spencer. Ken Macha got axed today. Expose in the paper tomorrow. Apparently he wasn't very nice to the guys. The Cubs hired Lou Pinella today. I wonder who's next for the A's?

UJ

Anonymous said...

Jeff-
I'm thinking they will hire Ron Washington. He deserves it. I think he's been the 3rd base coach for like 12 years now.

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Spence. I'm glad you ahd such a fun weekend!
Love,
Mom