Sunday, October 08, 2006

Geography Field Trip




I had my first geography field trip today to Arthur's Seat, a large hill made up of two volcanic plugs that sit on the East side of Edinburgh. We got a good look at all of the various rock types around the Arthur's seat area. In the first picture you can see the "Lion's head" and "Lion's Haunch" volcanic plugs that make up the mountain. Although it was extremely cold and windy, I had a really fun time and the 3 hours of riding in the bus gave me a chance to recover from the night before. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, Spencer, you are having WAY TO MUCH FUN! And I am so jealous! James and I are visiting colleges up here in the Bay Area, and we are staying at your house tonight. St. Andrews sounds terrific, and the golf, Medieval History (one of my personal favorites), Geography, and Geology (my husband, John's, passion) all sound great. The decorations on your dorm room walls need improvement, but hey, I KNOW you are busy... Just kidding. James, Kate and I all send our love your way. Margie

Anonymous said...

spencer hope you are having a great time in scotland
i have been doing well in soccer. we just played a game and tied 1-1 i played middie in most of the game. also did three headers in a row it hurt like heck. oh by the way happy 18th. also is the accent breaking yet?
lots of love
kelsey

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!!! You are still way ahead of Kevin!!

Love

Mrs. Burke

Anonymous said...

OOPs, guess it's already the 9th where you are so I guess I'm late wishing you a happy birthday. Nicky and friends were chairboarding down Barrington Hill yesterday. It did my heart good. I recognized their blue chair board as a soccer chair I have been missing for about five years....

Mrs. Burke