Monday, October 22, 2007

Fort William

I ventured to Fort William this past weekend to take part in my first Breakaway Hillwalking Club trip of the semester. On Saturday I went with a group up and around the Ring of Steall, a series of four munros just across the valley from Scotland highest peak, Ben Nevis. It was 9 miles of walking and a toal ascent of 4,900 feet. Luckily the weather was very nice on Saturday, which provided for some amazing views of the surrounding Mamores, a group of 10 munros in the Ben Nevis area.

On Sunday I bagged two more munros of pretty respectable size along a ridge running parallel the very large Loch Treig. The weather was a little less cooperative, but it was still an amazing walk. This video is taken from near the top of Stob Coire Easain, the second and higher of the two peaks we climbed that day.

I will also be posting all of the weekend's photos on Snapfish, so check your emails for that!

No comments: