Friday, January 12, 2007

2007-The First Update

So I'm finally writing to tell you all that I am back in Scotland and right in the middle of my exams. I just had my Medieval History exam today, and I felt like I did pretty well on it considering how nervous I was going into the test. It really was not as bad as I had expected it to be. In celebration I had my first drink tonight since coming back to Scotland as my friend and I chatted with a pretty funny old Scotsman in a pub. Here is the first thing he said to us after we introduced ourselves: (picture an old man with a thick Scottish accent) "Eeh, lemme tell ya somethin, don't ever f&!%@ get married." He turned out to be a pretty nice guy with lots of funny stories to tell.
Anyway, tomorrow I'm planning on playing golf on the Old Course because the ballot is wide open from 9:30 onwards. I just hope the weather holds up, as it has been raining almost every day since I have returned. After exams are finished at the end of next week, I will be going with the hillwalking club on a four day backpacking trip in the Lake District in northern England. It should be really fun; I'll take plenty of pictures. I'm also planning on taking advantage of the two weeks we have off by going up north and snowboarding with some friends. I don't expect the slopes or the snow to be as good as the stuff I am spoiled with in Tahoe, but I'm sure that I'll have a great time. That's it for now, check in soon!

No comments: