Monday, November 20, 2006

Raisin Weekend

I have now officially completed Raisin Weekend, a 24 party that has been a tradition at the University for over a hundred years. The partying started off on Sunday afternoon around 1:30 at my academic mom's flat, where many games involving beverages were participated in (clean version), then moved on my academic dad's flat, then to the Shanty party in my hall, were basically the entire second floor in my dorm was converted into a bar/dance club. I remember having a bunch of fun at my mom's party, relaxing with my friends at my dad's party, and then waking up on my bed at 2 in the morning. Needless to say I had a bit to much to drink, but then again so did everybody that night. I was just happy to wake up in my bed, clean, with no signs of anything terrible happening. That wasn't all for raisin weekend though, because Monday morning at 11 was the foam fight in the quad, participated in by the entire freshman class of St. Andrews. I was dressed up along with my academic siblings as a domino, and we all walked to the quad in freezing cold weather, with the rain falling sideways, to the quad for the fight. The fight was crazy and when it was finished we were all covered from head to toe in foam. Finally, after a nice warm shower, I could finally say that I survived raisin weekend!

No comments: