Friday, November 10, 2006

Finally, the Old Course*



I finally had the honor of playing the Old Course yesterday when my friend and I went out at 1 PM and hopped on the first tee. It was an amazing experience playing it for the first time, and I was having a pretty good round as well. The highlight of my round was paring holes 8 through 14, with number 13 being the second hardest hole on the golf course. The only big problem was that since we are so far North here in St. Andrews, it gets too dark to play golf at about 4:30 in the afternoon. Unfortunately, we ran into some slow groups on the back nine and could only finish 15 holes, leaving out the legendary 17th and iconic 18th holes. I was having a decent round as well, I was only seven over par after 15, so that was a little disappointing, but fear not my friends, for this Saturday morning we will go out early , and play a full round at the Old Course of St. Andrews.

No comments: