Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Flying Spider-Moth

It's time for the weird South African bug of the day. This one was pretty shocking to stumble upon clinging to the wall of my bedroom. At first glance, it looked like a moth but the 8 spindly legs extending out from below it's wings made me do a double take. I looked up winged spiders on the internet and couldn't find anything, so here it is, a major discovery in the insect/arachnid world:

THE SPIDER MOTH


About an hour later I went back into my room to check on the beast, only to find the one of the wings was missing. Even later in the evening, it was just a normal spider again. So it turns out I must have walked in right after the spider had originally caught the moth in its mouth and began eating. 2 hours later and that moth was gone. I'll be really impressed if the same spider can eat the gecko that scampers around my bedroom as well.

5 comments:

Cici said...

This blog is getting increasingly terrifying.

Anonymous said...

Slash awesome!

Anonymous said...

People are such idiots

Ignotus-PotterFan said...

u must be living in a zoo...

Ignotus-PotterFan said...

u must be living in a zoo